Your project\business\company is the integral mechanism where each detail matters. Marketing department matters, sales department matters, development, and other departments also matter. Sometimes the system fails, one of the components is lost and the rest of functional constituents start working randomly. One detail displaces another and the whole process breaks down. “What in the world are you talking about?” – you’ll probably say something like that as well as something like: “How does this relate to increasing sales through marketing?” Well, many small and medium companies neglect the role of marketing, sincerely believing that the work of several managers is enough to advertise and sell the product. They throw the necessary part out of the system and their business does not work properly from the beginning.
To warn you and prevent business failure, we’re going to explain in detail what business marketing is for, and how marketing strategies help to sell a product in huge quantities. So make heist and scroll down to read the useful info about how can marketing help a business.
1 Target but 2 Branches – How to Draw a Clear Line Between the Marketing Manager`s Work and the Sales Manager’s Responsibilities
It is a reasonable and optimal solution for several people who just have started a business to do all the work themselves. But many companies continue practicing it even when their projects are really big and consume much time and resources. The sales manager can’t handle both functions: trading and promotion. Moreover, it won’t bring you success because huge sales demand strong and professional marketing strategies. And if you still can’t distinguish the responsibilities of marketing and sales managers, we’ll help. How does marketing increase sales? Read simple answers below!
The role of marketing…
…is catching the clients’ attention, forming profitable and winning proposition so that the customer will be unable to refuse. The marketing team also aims at creating, presenting, and then maintaining clients’ trust in the company.
The main responsibilities of the marketing department include:
- deep and considerable analysis of the company’s goals, rating, and position in the market;
- regular competitive analyzes;
- frequent surveys and updating of the target audience portrait;
- improving product image and competitive qualities;
- developing the strategies of increasing positions in the market;
- planning and launching activities aimed at informing clients about the company, the product it proposes as well as creating demand from the target audience.
The role of sales managers…
… is working with the client who shows interest, and making a deal.
The main responsibilities of the sales department are:
- creating and working with the client base;
- work with clients’ demands;
- communication with customers (meetings, phone calls, online chats);
- e-mail and phone sales;
- preparation of materials and documents for the implementation of the sale agreement;
- making deals;
- send follow-ups and work with regular and loyal customers.
The powerful effect of marketing – Who Knows the Secret?
Marketing affects the profit of sales, and sales affect the profit of marketing. Obviously, the interaction of marketing and sales is a complex system that works only when two parts are in their places. There can’t be marketing vs sales or sales vs marketing. You can get great results only if you organize strong and productive interaction between the marketing and sales departments. There are some rules for the successful cooperation of both departments. Follow them and your product will be on top.
- You need ONLY professionals. Even if you have a super seller, he/she can increase only the number of purchases, but not the number of customers, because his\her duty is to work with the base of those customers who have already bought something from you. If you involve a cool marketing manager, he\she will interest new customers.
- Deals+motivation. The task of the marketing department is to show and explain to the customer that he or she needs your product. The seller’s task is to complete the transaction, ie to make customers purchase.
- Turn visitors into customers. The better and more productive a marketer works, the more visitors come to your website (or visit your store). After that, the seller communicates with them. The more visitors are interested in marketing, the more buyers the seller receives, and the greater income is.
- Don’t stop! Professionals know that in order to have a stable income and not lose customers, you need to keep up with the times, change, experiment, and follow trends. That’s why a smart business owner knows that marketing and a good sales system are always needed.
(…and a few words about our digital company)
The marketing process isn’t simple but this is one of the most essential tools that helps your sales and income growth. Both: marketing and digital marketing strategy are based on the productive cooperation and coordinated work of the marketing and sales departments. It provides your business with attracting new customers and making new profitable deals. In this way, you can also significantly increase the competitiveness of your company among conquerors and enlarge customer loyalty.
When marketing and sales work simultaneously the client receives high-quality service and product and the company earns a trustworthy reputation and is recommended by loyal customers.
If you’re interested in digital marketing Toronto, eager to know how much does digital marketing cost, you’re welcome to ask. IntlTech provides customers from around the world with marketing support services, website development, SMM, and more. Call us at any time and you’ll get a full and proper consultation for the business. The professional team of the digital marketing company always is at your services!