Before launching the promotion, we determined a semantic core for 200 products and 25 product brands. During the process of segmentation, we determined that these keywords had the highest frequency.
After that, we performed UX and UI competitor analysis and made recommendations for technical implementations to increase conversion rates. The recommendations we offered:
- the order tracking system;
- wholesale prices (the more goods were added to the shopping cart, the greater was the discount on the product);
- automate VAT calculator;
- online assistance: quick consultation with sales manager;
- call back application (if a client wants to specify the details or make orders in a live-conversation);
- advanced product search and fast autocomplete extension;
- product reviews.
At the same time we performed the website SEO audit and identified several problems:
- not optimized meta-tags;
- robots.txt errors;
- the content on the website wasn’t unique and SEO-optimized;
- duplicated product descriptions;
- slow website loading;
- restricted access to CSS and JS files for search robots;
- poor usability of the mobile website version.
After fixing all the bugs, we started increasing the website linking profile. You can see a graphical report of our work below. The first screenshot demonstrates the growth of organic traffic after half a year:
This diagram shows the search engines traffic growth per quarter:
According to the client’s task (to increase search engine traffic by 100%), we reached 256% in growth rate:
The increase of search engine snippets and their click-through rates is shown below:
The click-through rate of search snippets was increased after such actions:
- microdata implementation for products which had high rating in search snippets;
- products meta titles rewriting;
- writing quality and appealing product meta descriptions;
- increasing positions of relevant key queries.